This is the privacy notice of:
Sussex Marine Supplies,
11 Manor Road,
In this document, "we", "our", or "us" refer to Sussex Marine Supplies.
This privacy notice is to tell you how Sussex Marine Supplies collects and uses your personal data. It sets out the conditions under which we may process any information that we collect from you, or that you provide to us. In the context of the law and this notice, “process” means collect, store, transfer, use or otherwise act on information.
Our policy complies with UK law accordingly implemented, including that required by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- The law requires us to tell you about your rights and our obligations to you in regards to the processing and control of your personal data. We do this now, by requesting that you read the information provided at www.knowyourprivacyrights.org
- We collect personal and cookie data in order to operate effectively and provide you with information about our products and services. We will only ever collect the minimum amount of data that is necessary, with your consent, to fulfil the purpose of your interaction with us.
- We take seriously the protection of your privacy and confidentiality. We understand that all visitors to our website are entitled to know that their personal data will not be used for any purpose unintended by them, and will not accidentally fall into the hands of a third party
- Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any information collected through our website.
- We regret that if there are one or more points with which you are not happy, your only recourse is to leave our website immediately.
How and why we collect and process your information
1. When you create an account on our website, buy a product from us, you agree to our terms and conditions and a contract is formed between you and us.
2. In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
4. We may use this information in order to:
a. Sell products to you
b. Provide you with our services
c. Provide you with suggestions and advice on products and how to obtain the most from using our website
Retention period for personal data
We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
1. We are required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes.
2. Sometimes, we must process your information in order to comply with a statutory obligation.
3. For example, we may be required to give information to legal authorities if they so request or if they have the proper authorisation such as a search warrant or court order. This may include your personal information.
How and why we will use your information to contact you
1. When you contact us, whether by telephone, through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given to us in order to reply with the information you need.
2. As well as physically mailing your order, this may include order status updates or information with regard to specific orders.
Sometimes you might give your consent implicitly, such as:
- When you send us a message by e-mail to which you would reasonably expect us to reply.
- When you leave a message requiring a reply on our answerphone.
We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to be able to track our communications with you to provide a high quality service.
Information about your payments
1. Payment information is never taken by us or transferred to us either through our website or otherwise.
2. Our employees and contractors never have access to it.
3. At the point of payment, you are transferred to a secure page on the website of PayPal. That page is not controlled by us.
What happens to your data if you complain to us
- When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us.
- We use that information to resolve your complaint.
- If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and if we do, what that information is.
1. Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website.
2. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved.
3. Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser. Others last indefinitely.
4. Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose. It also should allow you to prevent or limit their use.
a. To track how you use our website
b. To keep you signed in our site
Personal identifiers from your browsing activity
1. Requests by your web browser to our servers for web pages and other content on our website are recorded.
2. We use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you.
3. If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to our website
Access to your own personal information
- At any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by signing in to your account on our website
- To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you may send us a request at info@SussexMarineSupplies.com
- After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information
Removal of your information
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website, you may contact us at info@SussexMarineSupplies.com
This may limit the service we can provide to you.
Verification of your information
When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
Use of site by children
- We do not sell products or provide services for purchase by children, nor do we market to children.
- If you are under 18, you may use our website only with consent from a parent or guardian
How you can complain
- If a dispute is not settled then we hope you will agree to attempt to resolve it by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation or arbitration.
- If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. This can be done at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
Compliance with the law
However, ultimately it is your choice as to whether you wish to use our website.
We may update this privacy notice from time to time as necessary. The terms that apply to you are those posted here on our website on the day you use our website. We advise you to print a copy for your records.
This policy was produced using a template downloaded from https://www.netlawman.co.uk